Internet Safety for Children
Always be careful when you are using the internet. It can help you to keep in touch with your friends and help your education – but it can also cause harm – to you and to others.
Remember help is always available at school if you are having any problems online.
Don’t be afraid to talk to your teacher or another adult at school.
If you or anyone you know is worried about Online Protection or anything related to Internet safety please click the link below which will take you to the CEOP reporting website:
Tips for staying safe online:
- Make sure you keep new online friends strictly online. If someone you don't know asks to be your online friend you must ensure an adult knows about it.
- Know how to use the CEOP Button and how to report it to the CEOP Centre if you are concerned about someone’s online behaviour towards you.
- Never give out you passwords.
- Think about what you are saying before posting it online.
- Never send photos of yourself to anyone.
- Respect other peoples views even though you might not agree with them.
- Never meet up with someone you don't know.
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable tell an adult immediately.
What are digital footprints?
Well, you may not realise it BUT every time you go online you leave a trail!! Have a look in the history section of your website browser and you can see the websites you have visited in the past.